Catch up with the week’s notable events and shared resources with Nonprofit Tweets of the Week. And catch me on the 350th episode of Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio today at 10 am PT/1 pm ET.
Notable Events of the Week:
- Today, “Senate Republicans suffered a significant setback … in their drive to fulfill a seven-year campaign promise to dismantle the Affordable Care Act when a plan to advance a scaled-back version of the bill went down to defeat.” SF Gate
- Earlier in the week, the Senate “rejected a proposal to repeal major parts of the Affordable Care Act without providing a replacement”. NY Times
- President Trump announced on Twitter that “transgender people would no longer be able to serve openly in the military”. Time
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Nonprofit Quarterly: How is your nonprofit taking on risk and uncertainty? NPQ
- Boy Scouts – BSA: A Message to Our Scouting Family on the Presidential Visit
- Alliance for Charitable Reform: The Philanthropy World Is Frightened That Trump’s Tax Plan Is Going To Slow Donations by @bpaynter at FastCompany
- National Council of Nonprofits: Reviewing your #nonprofit’s IRS 990? Take 5 mins to listen to this overview of common mistakes http://buff.ly/2tD6lsS
- Adler & Colvin: New #Nonprofit Law Matters post: RERI Holdings I, LLC and the Importance of Form 8283
- Philantopic: Wealthy People Give to Charity for Different Reasons Than the Rest of Us http://ow.ly/ZFCZ30dTWfa @sciam #philanthropy Scientific American
- Darren Walker: [email protected] will advocate for a policy environment that enables #impinv industry to mature and grow. U.S. Impact Investing Alliance
- Rob Reich: Is Big Philanthropy an Insult to Democratic Values?
- Nonprofit Quarterly: TRENDING — Economic Inequality and the Future of Democracy: Tracking the Conversation NPQ
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: Congratulations on seven years of podcasting to @NonprofitRadio! You can listen in here: http://bit.ly/2s1Q3aD