Catch up with the week’s notable events and shared resources with Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- Senate Republicans failed to unite behind a Senate health care bill and a proposed measure to simply repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement. New York Times
- President Trump and Russian President Putin “spoke for a second time on July 7 in a previously undisclosed discussion” at the G20 Summit without the presence of another national security official or even an American translator, resulting in only a single transcript of the meeting recorded by the Russians. CNN
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Nonprofit Quarterly: TRENDING – Beyond Nonprofit Risk Management: How About a Little Risk Leadership? NPQ
- National Council of Nonprofits: Our recommendations on #taxreform shared with @GOPSenFinance and @SenateFinance http://bit.ly/2u2g5tH #JohnsonAmendment
- Bridgespan Group: 4 themes evident in @atlantic’s #BigBetPhilanthropy work (opportunities & challenges) http://bspan.org/2edWZvl#k
- Independent Sector: New @TaxPolicyCenter study finds proposed tax cuts would lower revenue by $7.8 trillion over a decade. Vox
- Gene: Younger Women Take Modern Approach to Philanthropy, Suggests Study – Guidestar
- National Council of Nonprofits: How to be a rockstar #nonprofit board chair http://buff.ly/2tr0MO8 No rotten tomatoes for you!
- Nonprofit Law News: Nonprofits: Beware of Antitrust Troubles https://goo.gl/y2eYGu | by @pillsburylaw
- Philantopic: More Than Coins: #Blockchain Is Transforming the Way We Distribute Aid http://ow.ly/Dkjn30dKoA4 @futurism #development
- ColorOfChange.org: Didn’t submit your comment in support of #netneutrality yet? No worries. Head on over to http://InternetIRL.com to save the open internet.
- Building Movement Project: 4 Charts That Illustrate The Bias Against LGBTQ Workers In The Nonprofit World Fast Company … #LGBTQ #RacetoLead