Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Nell Edgington: 5 Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2013
- Emily: Free Webinar for Nonprofits: Legal And Governance Issues In Funding And Conducting Activities Abroad http://flip.it/YoArV
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Before starting a nonprofit, addressing community concerns is vital http://ow.ly/g1497
- Bill George: Nonprofit mergers & closings offer leadership lessons for the broader business world http://ow.ly/g0WAS
- PhilanTopic: NY Attorney General Seeks to Force Disclosure of More Political Donors http://nyti.ms/XbsJ0q
- Gene: Beyond Grantmaking: Program-Related Investing (PRI) and Modern Philanthropy
- Gene: Take board roles seriously. Nonprofit board found stunningly negligent; must pay $1 million from own pockets. Nonprofit Quarterly
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Learn how nonprofits can best maximize the engagement and value of their boards: http://ow.ly/g5tuh
- Emily: The Best and Worst of Board Chairs – Nonprofit Quarterly
- Gene: In New Brand of Philanthropy, Nonprofits Invest in For-Profits NY Times Dealbook
- Bridgespan Group: Running a nonprofit vs. running a for-profit company HuffPostSmBiz.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Environmental problems should be treated with as much urgency as solving the debt crisis, says Stanford professor http://stnfd.biz/fZf3F
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.
You can listen to Emily and me on Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio discussing dutiful documentation of charitable gifts.