Enjoy a little REM - It's The End Of The World - while reading some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Can you feel the ch-ch-changes coming for the nonprofit sector in 2013? http://ow.ly/ggcba [Ed. My prediction is in the article; Emily's was one of three featured separately in the Cohen Report email blast.]
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: "This certainly won’t be the last time we debate federal policy that affects nonprofits." http://ow.ly/ggGIV
- Jan Masaoka: And Now for Something Different about the Charitable Tax Deduction! Blue Avocado
- Tony Martignetti: NEW: Fundraising Fundamentals on The Chronicle of Philanthropy: How to Thank Donors w/ Emily Chan [podcast]
- Emily: IRS Offers Tips for Year-End Giving IRS News
- Gene: Charitable deduction denied for faulty receipt. KPMG pdf … Charities: don't let this happen to your donors.
- Sustainable Law Group: Nonprofits split on supporting Obama tax-plan. Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Alice Korngold: Build better nonprofit boards: know what it takes to recruit the candidates you want http://bit.ly/UE3Dqi
- Alice Korngold: What value can a real estate professional or attorney bring to a nonprofit board? See p 2, left column http://bit.ly/UOoS8R [Ed. Great Q & A with Alice on nonprofit governance.]
- Lucy Marcus: Aesop’s year in the boardroom: Tales of power, money, ethics, hubris serve as cautionary tales & markers for our future http://reut.rs/RCp3II
- Debra Beck: Fave posts of 2012: "10 Ways" board series page. Collected posts explore effective nonprofit governance
- Emily: Ten Technology Trends to Watch in 2013 via Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Give2Asia: The world just got a little smaller, and giving overseas a little easier: G2A/NGOsource to partner http://give2asia.org/?p=18231
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.