Catch up with the week’s notable events and shared resources with Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- President Trump announced the United States’ withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement. See Our Disgraceful Exit From the Paris Accord (the Editorial Board of The New York Times).
- President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, spoke with Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, in December (before the Presidential inauguration) about establishing a communications back-channel between the Trump transition team and Moscow using Russian diplomatic facilities to discuss policy issues without monitoring by the U.S. government. Washington Post
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Nonprofit Quaterly: The Co-CEO Model: Can shared leadership better address the traditional risks of executive transition? NPQ
- Anne Wallested: What does governing a collaborative organization look like? Check out my new article on @SSIReview. http://ow.ly/luvO30ccSMg . @wisegiving
- Council of Nonprofits: What federal funding cuts in #Budget2018 mean for states and #nonprofits and much more in Nonprofit Advocacy Matters http://bit.ly/2r83tS8
- Pete Manzo: How can #philanthropy get in the fight + bring communities together? http://bit.ly/2samVMr Read my article @ncrp #UnitedWaysCA
- Gene: Managing Cybersecurity Risk for Nonprofit Organizations: A Fiduciary Duty? Lexology
- For Purpose Law: Charity Shenanigans of the Billionaire-Philanthropist Doctor
- Josh Sterns: How foundations are trying to rebuild trust in news and the public square. Six examples from me: NCRP
- Venable Nonprofit Law: More Changes to the New York #Nonprofit Corporation Law Take Effect http://ow.ly/57YR30ccisu
- Gene: U.S. Colleges Have $500 Billion to Invest. Now Where Are All the Green Deals? University of Calif #impactinvesting Bloomberg
- Fast Company: By pulling out of the Paris Agreement, Trump just threw away America’s biggest business opportunity http://buff.ly/2riPbOm