Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- BlendedValue: PhilanTopic: 'Calvin & Hobbes' Explain Occupy Wall Street bit.ly/viYkOB
- npquarterly: Philanthropy is about to undergo seismic changes & many #nonprofits will welcome the trend owl.li/78yL6
- npquarterly: What's trending on NPQ? The Nonprofit Sector’s Embarrassing Defense of a Maximal Charitable Deduction owl.li/76OCL
- TrustEnabler: Steve Jobs and the Purpose of the Corporation: disq.us/3wu2r4
- GTak: Social Businesses Come in Many Legal Forms – bit.ly/ooL2ep by our #socent law colleague @bcampbelljr
And some highlights from the first full day of the Net Impact Annual Conference:
- GTak: Why we're all at #NI11: to mobilize a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in their workplaces & the world.
- marcuschung: "occupy wall street from the inside!" [Net Impact ED Liz Maw] love it!
- emilychan: You don't know what you don't know. Being aware and informed is the first step to making the right decision. Sally Jewell [President] REI
- KateDrane: If you want to go somewhere fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. – Lord Hastings quoting an african proverb
- GTak: Future of Philanthropy session – see monitorinstitute.com/downloads
- GTak: Future of Philanthropy – mass collaboration, online marketplace, aggregated giving, prizes, SRI – @paulshoeSVP
- GTak: Chasm between social problems & solutions – human and social capital (not a $$ problem, & there will be no $$ solution) @paulshoeSVP
- GTak: Don't let micro participation (eg, Kiva) take away from macro participation in solving social problems; need both – M Schreiber #NI11