Another busy week highlighted by the Independent Sector Annual Conference in Chicago, the Social Enterprise Summit in Chicago, the Business for Social Responsibility Conference in San Francisco, and Occupy Oakland. Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- LawForChange: HuffPost #Impact Blog: Robert Egger, Founder of DC Central Kitchen: No Profits Without #Nonprofits law4.ch/uePqTc
- p2173: IMHO The most important thing written about philanthropy in awhile bit.ly/u7lY52
- Nonprofitslaw: Communicating with Members after Citizens United bit.ly/vgshY1 | by @VenableLLP
- GTak: Non-profit Directors Face Personal Liability – huffingtonpost.com/brad-reid/
- IndSector: Don't forget to check out guest bloggers on @indsector Conference Blog: ow.ly/7dnrv
- robreich: Will Diana Aviv of Independent Sector please post her excellent speech from the #ISConf online? – IndSector: Here it is: ow.ly/7euWA
- nonprofiteditor: 58:1 ratio of failures to innovations. Learned at #ISConf – Plenary Risk, Failure, Breakthrough.
- GTak: I'm on the bandwagon with embracing the value of failures (a theme of #ISConf tweets), but we need to factor our risk capital.
- plamb: Nonprofit earned income strategies: Where to start? lnkd.in/wdBNRr
- OmidyarNetwork: Philanthropy's Shift Toward Entrepreneurism | Fast Company ow.ly/1zDaov
- GTak: 14% of Foundations hold mission investments; 7% make PRIs – philanthropy.com/blogs/
- BlendedValue: Impact Investing Through Donor Advised Funds bit.ly/sqttfY
- SOCAPmarkets: So, you want to be an impact investor? Thanks to @AmerQuarterly for this high-level overview of #impinv! bit.ly/uXthhK
- triplepundit TriplePundit.com #bsr11 Read our report on BSR Survey findings bit.ly/rDDxg3
- BSRnews: VIDEO highlights from #BSR11: bit.ly/tmhlNW . Check back throughout the event–we'll be posting new videos as available
- macfound: Economist/MacArthur Fellow Emmanuel Saez and the origins of Occupy Wall Street bit.ly/tgcCRF
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.