Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Foundation Center: Developing a Contract or Written Agreement for Your Nonprofit Collaboration – http://bit.ly/J9P0nw
- Jim Fruchterman: Clara Miller's fabulous article: The Looking Glass World of Nonprofit Money. http://bit.ly/IFOYHb Still fresh and true after 7 years!
- Gene: New valuable resource! "Recurring Accounting Issues Noted and Related Best Practices for Nonprofits" – http://bit.ly/K53qta – Burr Pilger Mayer
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: Dispelling 4 myths about endowments – http://ow.ly/aEuni
- Gene: Real Estate Acquisition and Development for Nonprofit Organizations – http://www.orgspaces.org/wp from Coblentz
- Emily: International Trademark Association presentations and discussion notes on understanding U.S. trademark law and proper use of trademarks – http://bit.ly/JLwU25
- C. Garber Siegrist: Whoa! IRS study find $170mill diverted from 285 nonprofits in '09 http://bit.ly/JwwPup
- Debra Beck: 10 ways to launch a successful nonprofit board term – http://bit.ly/IzO3dN
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Who "owns" your nonprofit? Specifying moral ownership is an essential aspect of nonprofit board governance – http://owl.li/aBp1W
- Nonprofit Law News: Proposed Regulations provide helpful new examples of “program-related investments [PRI] – http://bit.ly/IZ0jBS
- Centre Social Impact: Social Impact Bonds & Government Contracting: http://ow.ly/aGOsO
- Law for Change: What is #crowdfunding? If you want to issue stock online, it is what Congress and the SEC say it is. http://law4.ch/JwgNmG
- Living Cities: Philanthropy & the Digital Public Dialogue. Great piece by Jeff Stanger in Stanford Social Innovation Review – http://bit.ly/IhrT0J
- California Association of Nonprofits: Exciting day! Check our new site at CalNonprofits.org and the Vote With Your Mission campaign.
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.