Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Law for Change: Why do nonprofits need liability and property insurance? Ask Murphy. law4.ch/s1SrQU
- Gene Takagi: Revised IRS Publication 557 (Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization) now available – irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p557 – impt nonprofit resource
- Gene Takagi: 5 [Optimistic] Nonprofit Trends to Watch in 2012 – socialvelocity.net/2011/12 by @nedgington
- Shuey Fogel: IRS offers tips for year-end giving ow.ly/1C7Hxe
- Cecily Jackson: IRS Notice 2012-4 regarding extension of tax filing deadline for #nonprofits irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n
- Omidyar Network: NYT: Rebooting Philanthropy in Silicon Valley nyti.ms/rUrjHf. Worth a read!
- OnlyFoundations: The Unique and Urgent ‘Business’ of Philanthropy bit.ly/u82n6X
- Emily Chan: Guidance for Association Ethical Dilemmas by @asaecenter bit.ly/t1QJBv
- Estelle Metayer: +1 Help future proof boards by providing diverse information, not just diverse people. Our paper @BoardIntel goo.gl/6jZ32
- Kiva: Still struggling to find that perfect #holiday #gift? A @Kiva Card is the gift that keeps on giving! ow.ly/85I2k
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter. We both wish everyone a very happy holiday season!