I'm very excited to be part of a great and eclectic lineup of speakers at Social Media for Nonprofits' 2013 Silicon Valley Conference presented and hosted by Microsoft on Thursday, June 13. Beth Kanter will be delivering the keynote: The Dirty Little Secret to Getting Better Results from Social Media.
I'll be discussing why nonprofits need social media policies:
Understanding the rules that impact social media communications is critical to creating and implementing the right strategies. Sound policies will help social media strategists and users contribute with confidence to advance the organization’s mission without exposing it to future harm.
Executive Director Ritu Sharma and former Executive Director of the Craigslist Foundation Darian Rodriguez Heyman co-founded Social Media for Nonprofits, the world’s only conference series dedicated to social media for social good that to date has earned a 92% approval rating from over 2,500 nonprofit leaders across the USA.
Previous posts on nonprofit social media available here.
Presenters & Resources:
- Beth Kanter, Beth's Blog
- Holly Minch, Founder, Lightbox Collaborative
- Elyse Tager, Regional Development, Constant Contact
- Jay Golden, Co-Founder, Wakingstar Story Consulting
- Deb Levine, Executive Director & Founder, YTH
- Kyle Thiermann, Creator & Host, Surfing for Change
- Manny Hernandez, President & Emily Coles, Head of Communities, Diabetes Hands Foundation