The schedule for the Spring 2009 Roundtable Series for Nonprofit Organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area is available here. The Series has been designed to offer assistance to nonprofits with the issues they face on a daily basis. All roundtables in the Series are free of charge. The Series is sponsored by Burr Pilger Mayer; Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP; Essex & Drake Fund Raising Counsel; and Rusher Loscavio Executive Search. Here is a sample of the more than 20 roundtables:
- Risk Management: An Investment That Protects Your Future!
- IRS Form 990: Getting Through the New Form
- Accounting for Investments
- Legal Issues for Educational Institutions
- Web 2.0
- General Employment Issues Facing Nonprofits
- Best Practices for Board Governance
- Alternate Sources of Funding
- Internal Control Systems that Protect Nonprofit Organizations
These are relevant topics to nonprofits, especially in these times. As a former attendee of some of the roundtables, I have benefited from the valuable information shared by highly respected presenters. I strongly urge that Bay Area nonprofits send some of their managers, directors, and employees to some of the roundtables.
Cost: free. The feeling of being informed: priceless … forgive the hyperbole – 🙂