Today is the International Day of Charity, a perfect day to speak on fiscal sponsorship to the State Bar Nonprofit & Tax-Exempt Organizations Committees here in San Francisco. Have a listen to Jellyfish’s Russian Hill while perusing our curated nonprofit tweets of the week:
- Nonprofit Issues: Can #nonprofit Directors vote by proxy? [Ed. For California nonprofit public benefit corporations, the answer is “no.”]
- Gene: Recommended! To Pay or Not to Pay – Compensating Nonprofit Founders Charity Lawyer Blog
- For Purpose Law: Drafting a (Nonprofit’s) Social Media Policy: How Hard Can It Possibly Be?
- Gene: Lawmakers could face restrictions on soliciting money for nonprofits – LA Times
- Philanthropy 365: IRS Denies Exempt Status Under Section 501(c)(4) For Too Much Political Activity – Mondaq News Alerts (registration) http://dlvr.it/6nvnWW
- McKinsey on Society: “#Nonprofits often focus on scale while evaluators focus on net impact. We need both” http://ow.ly/A1jPX
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Check out “Mission-Driven Returns” by #SOCAP14 opening plenary speakers @cathyhc @BlendedValue @ImpactInSight http://bit.ly/T0OaX2 #impinv
- Rockefeller Foundation: See Dr. Rodin’s slides from today’s #SOCAP14 speech // Innovations in Finance for Social Impact http://www.slideshare.net/RockefellerFound/innovations-in-finance-for-social-impact … #BigIdeas
- Gene: B corporation founded by @jessicaalba w/ $1B valuation preparing to go public Chronicle of Philanthropy
You must be logged in to post a comment.