Happy to be in L.A. for the CalNonprofits Policy Convention where I’m joined by several of the tweeters below. Have a listen to John Legend‘s If You’re Out There while perusing our curated nonprofit tweets of the week:
- Nonprofit Times: New on the blog: @Ms_Nonprofit shares tips for new #nonprofit CEOs http://bit.ly/1zcmTkg
- Robert Egger: Complaint filed with IRS regarding tweet from nonprofit Growing Hope on mayoral election MLive [Ed. 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from engaging in certain political intervention activities, including endorsing candidates for public office. Consider whether a tweet from an authorized user of your Twitter account can get you into trouble.]
- Rebecca HamburgCappy: Mad about Hobby Lobby? Then you should be furious about #forcedarbitration: AFJ … via @AFJustice
- Law Firm for Nonprofits: The #IRS is still crippled by the tea party scandal http://wp.me/p3yhYM-zz #teaparty #nonprofits
- Gene: How many funders will not fund newer charities that filed a 1023-EZ to get 501(c)(3) status because of the need for greater diligence?
- San Francisco Chronicle: #Oakland nonprofits on edge as measure could boost minimum wage to $12.25 http://sfchron.cl/1rytRvF
- For Purpose Law: Bylaw[s] Are Sometimes Like a Decades-Old Hairdo – Yours May Need Some Updating http://bit.ly/1nO2jmN
- V.R. Thompson: Recruiting and Vetting Nonprofit Board Members Bridgespan
- Gene: Is corporate philanthropy being replaced by corporate citizenship and #CSR? Is that a good thing? Nonprofit Quarterly
- Rick Cohen: Social Impact Bonds: Phantom of the Nonprofit Sector – look for the high dudgeon reactions of some true believers Nonprofit Quarterly
You must be logged in to post a comment.