Catch up with the week’s notable events and shared resources with Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- The eclipse. NASA
- President Trump’s support continued to shrink, including with (1) the resignation of all 16 of the prominent artists, authors, performers and architects on the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities in protest of his defense of white supremacists (NY Times); and (2) the cancellation of multiple charity events from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort (Washington Post).
- The National Parks Board approved a permit for right-wing group Patriot Prayer to hold a “free speech” rally in San Francisco, raising fear of white supremacists and neo-Nazis inciting violence in the City. Time
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- National Council of Nonprofits: State #charity officials say “#JohnsonAmendment is sound policy. Efforts to repeal it should be opposed” http://bit.ly/2wJq7n3
- Phil Buchanan: Watching CEOs resigning adv boards & NPs cancelling at Mar-a-Lago, wondering what they’d been thinking in 1st place? CEP
- Lucy Bernholz: Racism, white supremacy, and civil society
- For Purpose Law: Nonprofit Boards: How Effective Are They?
- Darren Walker: How can #philanthropy advance large-scale impact? Here are learnings from 15 social impact stories last century Harvard Business Review
- Nonprofit Quarterly: It’s a very difficult decision for a nonprofit to close its doors, and it’s vital to have a #dissolution plan: http://bit.ly/2xcLVEp
- Michael Wyland: Whatever Happened to the IRS Tax Exemption Scandal? NPQ
- Philantopic: .@StanfordLaw Clinic Launches Website for Nonprofit Pro Bono Support http://ow.ly/xvsv30eCk1F
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Investors’ needs are trumping those of the communities their #funding seeks to help. How can we fix this? http://bit.ly/2xbDedt
- Harvard Business Review: If you can’t get the basics right, it doesn’t matter how brilliant your strategy is. http://s.hbr.org/2v528z7
Themed Media Selection:
Stare All You Want at These Incredible Eclipse Images (Gizmodo)