Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- “Former FBI Director James Comey called President Donald Trump “morally unfit to be president,” a liar, someone who “does not reflect the values” at the core of the United States during a scorching interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos Sunday night.” The Atlantic
- “President Donald Trump’s sudden decision not to impose tough new sanctions on Russia left many lawmakers dumbfounded this week and led some to question whether Trump had seriously undermined Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, who had announced the sanctions just a day prior.” Huffington Post
- “Starbucks will close more than 8,000 U.S. stores for an afternoon next month to train employees as the company responds to criticism after two black men were arrested while waiting at one of the coffee chain’s Philadelphia stores last week.” Washington Post
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: Foundations Gear Up to Influence 2018 Elections
- BoardSource: Metrics That Matter: Is Your Board Tracking the Right Things?
- Ellis Carter: Quick Tips for Setting Nonprofit Executive Compensation http://bit.ly/19cOYQf #nonprofits
- Don Kramer: Should board members be removable “without cause” #nonprofit Nonprofit Issues
- Lucy Bernholz: Social Media, Political Polarization, and Political Disinformation: A Review of the Scientific Literature Hewlett Foundation
- Next Billion: Comparative advertising → positive ROI for business. What’s stopping the social sector from taking the same approach? http://bit.ly/2ETZps3
- Tamara Copeland: .@CEPData and Tim Delaney @NatlCouncilNPs continue the conversation on how we can all support black boys. http://ow.ly/Dv1b30jqU6i. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” Thx for the reminder that we all have a role that we can play.
- Cyndi Suarez: So excited to follow this new phase! Working Families Party Hires Black Movement Leader as New Director NPQ
- Marc Gunther: The latest on the troubles at the Silicon Valley Community Foundation | my new blogpost Nonprofit Chronicles #philanthropy
- Center on Budget: You might have seen a familiar graph on last night’s @LastWeekTonight. We’re always willing to help out our close friends @iamcardib and @iamjohnoliver to help figure out where #tax money goes. Watch the whole segment here: YouTube
Themed Media Selection:
Pulitzer Prize winner Kendrick Lamar – DNA (YouTube)