Notable Events of the Week:
- House Republicans pulled legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- President Trump signed an executive order curbing enforcement of climate regulations, motivated by corporate funds over public health.
- March 29 marked Brexit Day (official notification by the U.K. of its intention to leave the European Union).
- Today is Cesar Chavez Day.
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- National Council of Nonprofits: Help preserve the public’s trust in #nonprofits http://buff.ly/2naUo6F Say yes to #nonpartisanship Deadline 3/31 to sign
- AFP Interim CEO Jason Lee: @IndSector survey: 72 percent of voters support the Johnson Amendment. Keep charities out of partisan politics
- Anne Wallested: Great blog from @philxbuchanan on how sector agnosticism ignores essential role of NPs in solving social problems.
- Exponent Philanthropy: Stepping Into the Fight: A Funder’s Guide for Understanding and Supporting Legal Advocacy http://buff.ly/2nxrz7G @TCCGROUP
- Independent Sector: New polling finds that 75% of American voters want to expand charitable deduction to taxpayers who don’t itemize. IndSector
- The Economist: Donor-advised funds have shaken up giving—and not necessarily for the better http://econ.st/2nVFcuQ
- The Atlantic: Modern philanthropy creates challenges to democracy, a new book argues. @AlanaSemuels reports: http://theatln.tc/2o77eqz
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Can sharing executive leadership really work? Five insights from executive directors sharing power: NPQ
- Adler & Colvin: California FTB and SOS Publish First Batch of Delinquent #Nonprofits to be Automatically Dissolved or Surrendered – Nonprofit Law Matters
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Lessons from @OmidyarNetwork on how to strengthen the #impinv moment and move organizations from awareness to action http://ow.ly/CK1F30al34O
Themed Media Selection: