Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- Thursday was International Women’s Day.
- “President Trump has agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un for talks by May, an extraordinary development following months of heightened nuclear tension during which the two leaders exchanged frequent military threats and insults.” Washington Post
- President Trump signed orders imposing substantial tariffs on imported steel and aluminum, advancing his protectionist approach to trade policy. NY Times
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Bright Lines Project: Conservatives in Congress are trying to sneak text into the government spending bills that would weaken our democracy. Read more from @myhlee Washington Post: #CleanBudget
- CalNonprofits: “Sneaking major policy decisions into spending bills is always bad policy.” From @latimes editorial today: LA Times #JohnsonAmendment #CU2Chat
- GEO: Too often, funders are missing the connections, lessons, and relationships that grant reporting could and should be making. #RevisitReporting in @peakjournal http://bit.ly/2F08y3b
- Center on Effective Philanthropy: NEW on the blog from @philxbuchanan: “Too Many Foundation Boards Are Failing at Diversity“.
- Anne Wallestad: “The implications for inaction speak loudly.” A powerful call to action to foundation boards from @wrfound CEO, @ShereceWest. http://bit.ly/2FhRPMY #leadingwithintent
- World Economic Forum: Here are eight ways you can improve women’s rights http://wef.ch/2FomuEl #InternationalWomensDay
- Barbara Lee: Climate change is a women’s issue. On #InternationalWomensDay, read my op-ed on why women need to be at the table in our fight to save the planet. #WomenClimateAct Sierra Club
- Nonprofit Times: … Combating Inappropriate Workplace Behavior At Nonprofits, an NPT webinar … the speakers include: Melanie Herman of Nonprofit Risk Management Center, Lisa Brauner of Perlman + Perlman and Tycely Williams of YWCA USA …. https://shopthenonprofittimes.com/collections/webinars/products/metoo-webinar
- Linda Rosenthal: Are Charities Teetering on the Financial Brink? We and Chicken Little want to know. https://shar.es/1LurCb via @forpurposelaw
- Philantopic: Want to Create a Nonprofit? Ask Yourself These Four Questions First http://ow.ly/5Val30iNZ9z @forbes #nonprofits