Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- “Pressured by Parkland high-school students and others to boycott the NRA, more than 20 companies have cut ties with the pro-gun group.” The Atlantic
- Chaos and another tumultuous week at the White House. New York Times
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Fay Twersky: An op-ed I co-authored with my colleague Lissette Rodriguez @emclarkfdtn Opinion: Promoting Diversity and Pushing for Effectiveness Go Hand in Hand Chronicle of Philanthropy [paywall] [Ed. Also see Vu Le’s article referenced and available for free: How the concept of effectiveness has screwed nonprofits and the people we serve.]
- Wagenmaker & Oberly: How should #nonprofit leadership prevent and respond to #sexualharassment? @TeliosLaw provides an brief step-by-step guide here: http://bit.ly/HarassmentResponse #leadershipmatters
- BoardSource: BoardSource has taken an in-depth look at the current practices and trends of those foundation boards that responded to Leading with Intent: A National Index of Nonprofit Board Practices. Take a look now to gather insights. Download for free.
- Jim Canales: Prompted by new @BoardSource report on foundation governance, my blog post on “Board Time: Three Keys to Strategic Engagement“
- Bridgespan Group: #Nonprofit board resources for newbies to experienced members: http://bspan.org/2f0fBxx#d
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Are donor-advised funds the new philanthropy? NPQ
- Alliance of Museums: Have you seen AAM’s new data about museums’ economic impact & public opinion about #museums? Download your free copies now, including economic impact data for your state! #MuseumsEconomicEngines #MPO2017 #museumsadvocacy2018 http://bit.ly/AAMNewData21318
- La Piana Consulting: Nonprofit partnership negotiations needn’t be all-or-nothing http://ow.ly/j1Nk30iyGPS Even when a merger isn’t in the cards, consider the groundwork that’s been put in place for other ways of working together http://ow.ly/kIB330iyGTY and the potential that could still be realized
- Perlman & Perlman: great post by partner @abromberger on the new legislation impacting #Hybrid #Nonprofit for-profit orgs #philanthropy #impinv #socent #socinn #fourthsector How Newman’s Own Got A New Life Thanks @Law360 for sharing!
- Sandra Feinsmith: Report: Cryptocurrency Donations Heating Up