Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- “Stephon Clark was buried Thursday following a funeral service bristling with politics and raw emotion for the 22-year-old Sacramento man whose shooting death by police 11 days ago has sparked protests and calls for police reform while drawing national attention to the city.” Sacramento Bee
- Opening Day!
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Some good news! The Johnson Amendment remains untouched…but don’t celebrate yet NPQ
- Eve Borenstein: Nonprofit/tax-exempts NEED RAISE THEIR VOICES — December tax act REQUIRES more 990-T filings AND raises 990-T tax due from small/medium orgs! See Breaking News @ http://bamlawoffice.com/web-resources.html … #NPOsSayNo #Stop990TExpansion #WhyAreNPOsPayingMoreTaxes
- PropelNP: Don’t rely on your auditors to tell your story! Learn how to use the new FASB accounting standards to tell your mission story in @CurtKlotz’s latest blog post. via NPQ
- Drew Lindsay: In the battle of good vs. evil, nonprofits better arm themselves with “new power,” say @HenryTimms and @JeremyHeimans. This interview is a deep dive into their thinking and their new book. @purpose @92Y via Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Benjamin Soskis: Here’s a useful summary of a report from OECD on private philanthropy to development. Among the notable findings: the Gates Foundation supplies half of all total giving; only 28% of country-allocable funding went to the least-developed countries. Inside Philanthropy
- Jenny Chandler: Here’s why #nonprofits with a fiscal year other than the calendar year need to pay attention to the new federal tax law’s treatment of UBIT https://buff.ly/2GDeQKd Thank you @TateTryon for explaining how to prorate corporate tax rates in a UBIT scenario
- Adler & Colvin: New post on #Nonprofit Law Matters! 2018 Elections: The California Disclose Act Increases Transparency of Donors Supporting Political Ads on the Internet and Social Media by Mohamed Sabur Nonprofit Law Matters #CADiscloseAct #campaignfinance #CitizensUnited
- Marc Gunther: Charitable giving, from the head or the heart? Discuss… | my new blogpost, w/ @Al_Cantor Nonprofit Chronicles … #philanthropy
- ACLU: The Trump administration’s decision to include a question on citizenship in the 2020 census is disastrous. It will severely undermine the accuracy of the census count, particularly in communities of color, which will lose representation and federal resources as a result.
- CompassPoint: Thank you for everything @JeanneBellCP –for leading with intelligence, boldness, and kindness and for guiding this team through deep transformation. “A Note of Appreciation from Jeanne Bell:” https://goo.gl/bBuFnH
Themed Media Selection:
NEO Law Group featured on the cover of CEB In Practice (Spring 2018)
You must be logged in to post a comment.