Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- lisachiuster: More on Coakley's push to ban #nonprofit board pay: philanthropy.com/blogs/philant
- robreich: Watchdogs Ask IRS to Investigate Tax-Exempt Status of 501(c)(4) Political Groups bit.ly/qwusLH
- PatrickSternal: FASB Panel Recommendations for Nonprofits shar.es/bnyRP | "in favor of requiring or encouraging MD&A [annual reports] for nonprofits"
- lisachiuster: Can't make it to the National Ass'n of State Charity Officials public day on Oct. 2? Preview workshop powerpoints here: nasconet.org
- nyuwagner: Useful data on nonprofit sector and US economy ow.ly/6IzBk via Independent Sector
- gaylegifford: How often does your board meet? How often is enough? Too much bit.ly/iIrg5P
- socialfinance: New post: @MicheleFGartner on power and privilege dynamics in impact investing & social finance socialfinance.ca/blog/post/the-…
- socialedge: Great resource for your @BCorporation, #L3C, #socent, #nonprofit: the @LawForChange Legal Structures page law4.ch/nczAmc
- BlendedValue: GREAT piece:@bcampbelljr Time to Rethink “Exits” | Campbell Law Group campbelllawgroup.com/2011/06/rethin
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.