Momentous week. Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Gene: "America’s never been about what can be done for us. It’s about what can be done by us" – The President of the United States
- Philanthropy: What the next 4 years might mean for nonprofits w/ Obama's 2nd term http://ow.ly/f61Xg
- Philanthropy: From the Washington Post: Boehner opens door to new revenue to halt debt http://ow.ly/f6Eqi Ominous signs for charitable deduction?
- Ellis Carter: Choosing a Fiscal Sponsor
- Gene: Mozilla Foundation to Pay $1.5 Million to Settle Up with the IRS Ostatic Blog
- Judy Alnes: My debut in Nonprofit Quarterly on nonprofit mergers and our recently released nonprofit merger research http://bit.ly/Qi6UyX
- Gene: Entrepreneurs' Foundation (affil w/ Silicon Valley Community Fdn) sues ex-ED for misusing funds, breach of fid duties – Silicon Valley Biz Journal
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: Don't know a Super PAC from a 501c4? You need our new guide
- Emily: Facebook Gifts Get Charitable: You Can Now Give The Gift Of Donations To Your Friends TechCrunch
- Independent Sector: We're gearing up for the 2012 Annual Conference! Will you be there? Check out the great events happening in a few days: http://ow.ly/f6d83 [Ed. Emily and I are looking forward to attending!]
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.