Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- GregLColvin: Wall Street Journal editorial on IRS imposing gift tax on donations to 501(c)(4) groups http://on.wsj.com/iKkE4t, calls it nasty.
- IndSector: Check out our updated nonprofit advocacy basics page: http://ow.ly/4ZfOR
- FCSanFrancisco: Boning Up on Boards: Nonprofit boards are frequently the topic of questions for the Foundation Center. http://bit.ly/k94jdj
- GTak: Self-Dealing: A Concise Guide for Foundation Board and Staff – http://bit.ly/l0F9XW [from Council on Foundations]
- nonprofitlawyer: Four Ways to Remove a Board Member by Jan Masaoka: personal intervention, leave of absence, term limits, or impeachment http://bit.ly/myDdMF
- oscarjofre: 20 Questions Directors Should Ask about Building a Board http://bit.ly/iQ9hsa
- BoardSource: Wise words from @HarvardBiz spend time with your mission statement! http://tinyurl.com/63tjqjw
- SSIReview: The three sectors not isolated-what does it mean for "new social economy"? Blog post AND webinar! http://ow.ly/4VLhl http://ow.ly/4VLip
- socialedge: Must-read for today: The 100 Social Enterprise Truths, by Pop-Up Social Enterprise Think Tank - wp.me/p1vXrH-6w
- GTak: Choose legal structure after getting clarity on mission, activities, financing, governance – 100 Social Enterprise Truths – http://bit.ly/m3AqFB
- nonprofitlawyer: Ten Nonprofits that Function Like For-profits: More dialogue on lines btwn nonprofit & for-profit http://bit.ly/iNuO8I via @npquarterly
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.