The big news this week was the announcement that 275,000 nonprofit had lost their tax-exempt status. On a more positive note, the week also featured TEDxSF Alive!, World Oceans Day (June 8), and lots of graduations. Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- nonprofitlawyer: @IRSnews on the 275k orgs that automatically lost tax-exempt status for failing to file annual reports http://1.usa.gov/jreMxl
- NatlCouncilNPs: What does revocation of tax-exempt status mean for nonprofits? We've got a short podcast and lots of links here: councilofnonprofits.org/revocation
- GTak: What is Reasonable Nonprofit Compensation? A Guide to Avoid IRS Penalties – http://bit.ly/kqTNKi via @npquarterly
- GTak: How to Prepare for an IRS Employment Tax Compliance Audit – http://bit.ly/imDue1 via @npquarterly
- PatrickSternal: IRS Commish Responds to GOP Senators – http://bit.ly/jB7frJ "This agency is apolitical and non-partisan."
- rosettathurman: Thanks to @ynpn_tc for compiling a transcript from last week's #ynpchat on #nonprofit #diversity! http://bit.ly/lweMpN
- endeavoringE: latest Forbes piece, a great chat w the great Lucy Marcus http://onforb.es/jHMhPU
- alicekorngold: "Board members R not our dev directors" but that's not 2say they shouldn't fundraise bit.ly/iQCG20 @cmcuesta SUPER gr8 post!
- FastCoLeaders: Alice Korngold with The Dirty Little Secret About Joining A Nonprofit Board: http://su.pr/2mzyMW
- rtjohnson: CA moves closer to providing socent a real choice. http://bit.ly/lOl2oc
- TEDNews: 20 essential @TEDTalks for new grads http://is.gd/4WoY0x #TED
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.