Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week.
Notable Events of the Week:
- “President Trump repeatedly urged the Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden, one of his chief political rivals, and offered to enlist the U.S. attorney general in that effort while dangling the possibility of inviting the foreign leader to the White House, according to a rough transcript of the call released Wednesday.” Washington Post
- “After hearing President Trump tried to persuade Ukraine to investigate a 2020 campaign rival, senior officials at the White House scrambled to “lock down” records of the call, in particular the official complete transcript, a whistle-blower alleged in an explosive complaint released Thursday.” NY Times
- “The whistleblower’s identity remains obscured, the details of his work for the CIA cloaked in secrecy. But the document he delivered reveals almost as much about the investigative mission he carried out in stealth as it does about the alleged abuses of power by the president.” Washington Post
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Ray Madoff: A Donor-Advised Fund Proposal That Would Work for Everyone (Opinion)
- Gene: How much regulation of donor-advised funds is enough?
- ABA Bar Services: Heads Up! Nonprofits and the New Federal Overtime Rule
- National Council of Nonprofits: Federal #Overtime Final Rule is out. Starting 1/1/2020, white-collar employees not exempt from overtime unless paid $684/week ($35,568/annual) AND meet duties of executive, administrative, or professional workers. http://bit.ly/2mlPEzx
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Join NPQ’s Jeanne Bell & @RiskAlts CEO Ted Bilich on Sept 26th for a special discussion on what your nonprofit should do during a recession. Get the best deal for this webinar if you sign up through NPQ’s Leading Edge membership too! http://bit.ly/31B632C
- BoardSource: If your board isn’t performing as desired, you are probably recruiting the wrong individuals. This blog post from 2018 breaks down how to recruit new board members with purpose and process. BoardSource
- Carrie Garber Siegrist: Have you spent as much time complaining about IRS Forms as completing them?! Are you an #exemptorg? Now is your chance to share with the @IRSnews your thoughts on a variety of Forms (all 56 are being considered!) – 990, 1023 /4 / EZ, 1120-POL. Until 11.25 Federal Register
- NRDC: “Since Trump took office, [NRDC has sued the administration] more than 90 times. That’s one lawsuit every 10.8 days. Of the 53 cases that have been resolved, NRDC has won 49 of them. That’s a 92 percent win rate.” – Rolling Stone 💪 (Boo yeah).
- For Purpose Law: Artificial Intelligence & Nonprofits: A Primer
- Time: U.S. income inequality grew to its highest level in over 50 years, census finds
Themed Media Selection:
WATCH: Greta Thunberg’s full speech to world leaders at UN Climate Action Summit (PBS News Hour) or The Greta Thunberg Helpline (Mashable)