NEO’s Erin Bradrick and Carrie Garber Siegrist (Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP) will be presenting a webcast for the American Law Institute (ALI) on Five Key Updates for Nonprofits on Thursday, June 25, from 10 am to 11:30 am PT / 1 pm to 2:30 pm ET. ALI describes what attendees will learn as follows:
The pressing legal topics discussed during this program will help you advise your 501(c)(3) clients or strengthen the decisions you make for the Boards you serve on. Join us for an engaging exploration of these topics and more:
- Earned revenue activities and the unrelated business income tax: The basic legal considerations and updates to the UBIT rules under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (including the proposed 512(a)(6))
- Fiscal sponsorship: What is it and what do you need to know
- Lobbying, advocacy, and election-related activities: What can a 501(c)(3) do and what do you need to know in an (unusual) election year
- Donor disclosure updates: Recent changes with respect to donor disclosure requirements
- Donor-advised funds: What they are and their basic rules
Erin Bradrick is a Principal at NEO Law Group, where she provides corporate, governance, charitable trust, and tax counsel solely to nonprofits and exempt organizations. Erin was recognized as the “2018 Outstanding Nonprofit Lawyer – Young Attorney” by the American Bar Association Nonprofit Organizations Committee. In 2017, Erin was also awarded the American Bar Association’s “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” award by the Young Lawyers Division. Erin writes extensively on legal issues impacting the nonprofit sector, including as a regular columnist for The Daily Journal, California’s largest legal news provider. She also is a Part-Time Lecturer at Columbia University.