The Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO), my #1 go-to conference every year for the past 14 years, will be held at Convene in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, December 5, and Friday, December 6. The agenda and speaker list look great. I hope to see many of our readers there. Register here – early bird pricing ends today (10/31).
The 23rd Annual Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations, with a schedule that features panels led by some of the country’s top tax law experts, is just around the corner. The Law School’s two-day program in Downtown Los Angeles allows attendees to choose from more than 12 sessions on tax developments of critical importance to charities and other nonprofit organizations.
The conference features an array of prominent tax-exemption experts, including Professor Ellen Aprill, a WCTEO founder and the John E. Anderson Professor of Law in Tax at Loyola. Other panelists include officials from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS, and a variety of prominent West Coast tax attorneys.
This year’s agenda features sessions on many critically important topics to charities and other nonprofits, including:
- Washington Update – with presenters from the IRS
- Western States Update – featuring representatives from the California Office of the Attorney General and Franchise Tax Board
- TCJA (2017 Tax Act) on the Ground
- Keynote by Silicon Valley Community Foundation CEO Nicole Taylor
- Stress Points for Exempt Organizations Compliance
- You CAN Fight the IRS: A Roadmap for IRS Controversies
- Innovation Centers in the Nonprofit World
- What’s New in Old Law
- The First Restatement of the Law of Charitable Nonprofit Organizations: Why It Matters to You
- Step Out and Vote for Me: Nonprofits and Campaign Activity
- Private Foundation Hot Topics
- Charitable Giving Update
WCTEO Highlights from Past Years
2018 Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
2017 Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
2016 Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
2015 Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
2014 Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
2013 Western Conference on Tax-Exempt Organizations (WCTEO)
Highlights from the 2019 WCTEO