2010: What an eventful year. In addition to Emily's discussion of the Top 10 Events of 2010 affecting the nonprofit sector, there were other great year-end reviews and prognostications for 2011. Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
Year-end reviews and predictions for 2011:
- socialedge: Newsletter: Three Predictions for the Next Decade in Social Entrepreneurship – http://eepurl.com/b6VZb
- socialedge: John Gillespie @CorporateBoards shares the five trends #socent should embrace in 2011. Don't miss them! http://ow.ly/3phbvcare2
- frogloop: Game Changing Strategies for Nonprofits in 2011 http://ow.ly/3ven2
- p2173: Why Do We Need to Predict the Future? – Room for Debate – Love this series – looking forward to future… http://tumblr.com/xzc15clt64
- p2173: Why we predict + get it wrong http://tumblr.com/xzc15clg8z
- AssnLaw: Reading from @time 2010 – 50 Moments of 2010: A Week by Week News Chronicle http://bit.ly/goNKUU
- p2173: All 10 philanthropy buzzwords for 2010 are now up. http://bit.ly/ie5gkr What's your favorite – Chugger? Crowdfunding? Sector Agnostic?
Rest of the tweets of the week:
- nonprofitsrule: Why don't you try nonprofit board service as a new year's resolution: Learn more: http://www.compasspoint.org/boardbasics
- paultofu: Some helpful tips on "Finding the Right Next Board to Join" from Blue Avocado http://bit.ly/gFzwgz
- NPBoardTalk: What You Should Know Before Joining a Nonprofit Board (Part II): wp.me/p108hl-br
- CorpGovLeaders: Top 2011 Issues for Directors & CEOs http://bit.ly/fhlMSB
- AssnLaw: Well worth your review as to its suitability for your association/nonprofit: A New Model for Corporate Boards http://on.wsj.com/edCFtG
- acumenfund: Mergers & acquisitions in the #nonprofit space: a pithy op-ed and announcement in HuffPo http://ow.ly/3vaIU
- nonprofitlawyer: Strapped Cities Hit Nonprofits With Fees – WSJ http://on.wsj.com/hcVC5A. More on 'politics and budgets' from Delaney: http://bit.ly/geyF8a.
- FCWashington: Nonprofit? For-Profit? A Little Bit of Profit? Selecting a Legal Form for Your Social Enterprise—The Basics http://bit.ly/fx5Zl9
- ansinanser: 31 Innovation Questions (and Answers) To Kick Off the New Year (HBR) http://bit.ly/hlV5f9
- L3C_RickZ: The list of #socent funding sources continues to grow – now at 200+ http://bit.ly/gWqgaw #L3C
- nonprofitlawyer: Business schools embracing do-gooders – Business – msnbc.com msnbc.msn.com/id/40589291/ns…
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.