We have so much to be thankful for. But Thanksgiving also reminds us of the courageous efforts of those who worked and fought to give us so many of those things for which we are grateful and often take for granted. Let’s honor and build on their work today and everyday.
Have a listen to Meghan Trainor perform New Thanksgiving Classic Songs while perusing our curated nonprofit tweets of the week:
- ColorOfChange: A reminder from @ColorOfChange that #MikeBrown and all #BlackYouthMatter.
- John Lewis: I know this hard. I know this is difficult. Do not succumb to the temptations of violence. There is a more powerful way. #FergusonDecision
- TIME: “Why Ferguson should matter to Asian-Americans” http://ti.me/1ppPjqh
- Gene: Dep’t of Justice: 182,000 charities in CA operating without proper registration – what happens if they’re shut down? JD Supra [Ed. See our post on the proposed regs that may signal the AG’s initiative to do this and hold board members personally liable if those charities continue operating.]
- Gene: Preventing and Investigating Fraud, Embezzlement, and Charitable Asset Diversion: What’s A Nonprofit Board To Do? Public Counsel
- CEP: Seven Trends in Philanthropy to Be Thankful For http://ow.ly/EP3eE via @InsidePhilanthr
- Alliance Magazine: Be Afraid: The Five Scariest Trends in Philanthropy @InsidePhilanthr http://ow.ly/EFF9p
- Independent Sector: Great editorial by IS board member Sonya Campion in @seattletimes. Echoing sentiments from @Diaviv speech at #ISConf http://ow.ly/ENx4h
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: 5 lessons for #nonprofit orgs from the 2014 election http://bit.ly/1ybJMnK
- BDO Nonprofit: Don’t miss these 10 nonprofit employment mistakes from @NonProfitTImes http://bit.ly/1tVgODA
- Gene: The commandments of Economics vs the commandments of the Earth | Nonprofit Quarterly – http://bit.ly/158Ux0J #socent