Monday was Cesar Chavez Day, a day to think about our responsibility to provide service to our communities (Si Se Puede!). Have a listen to Bruce Springsteen‘s version of Solo le Pido a Dios while perusing this week’s tweets on nonprofits, philanthropy, governance and social enterprises:
- CompassPoint: Celebrating #CesarChavezDay. Learn how Mexican and Filipino farmers worked to build a movement here: UFW
- Gene: Private charity can’t replace government social programs – LA Times
- Rob Reich: Excellent @rortybomb on whether charity can supply a social safety net. The Atlantic
- Nonprofit Quarterly: How to make a Matrix Map of your organization http://ow.ly/vionf
- Gene: Nonprofits should be aware of proposed #TaxReformAct and speak out on what will be recurring points – JD Supra
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: From the archives: Using Social Media for Advocacy 101: Principles & Best Practices – AFJ
- C. Garger Siegrist: So much happened – take a look:Top 5 Nonprofit Legal Issues Of The Past Year via @VenableLLP http://ow.ly/v7hxU
- Gene: Blurring of nonprofit & for-profit sectors – Nonprofit Quarterly | What lines need to be drawn?
- Journal of Accountancy: Final IRS regulations govern when a payer can be designated as an agent for employment tax purposes: http://ow.ly/vbZso
- Gene: More Companies Bow to Investors With a Social Cause – WSJ – @echasan | 56% of shareholder proposals
- McKinsey on Society: “Are you ready for the #ResourceRevolution?” NEW REPORT from @McKinsey http://ow.ly/vaW6u
You must be logged in to post a comment.