Notable Events of the Week:
- House and the Senate Intelligence Committees’ reports finding no evidence supporting President Trump‘s claim that President Obama ordered a wiretap of Trump.
- A federal judge’s order blocking President Trump’s revised travel (Muslim) ban.
- A resolution sponsored by, among others, several House Republicans recognizing human activities’ contribution to climate change and resolving to create and support economically viable mitigation efforts.
- President Trump’s proposed budget, entirely eliminating funding for dozens of smaller agencies and programs such as the National Endowment for the Arts, money for public broadcasting, programs to combat climate change and assistance for low-income Americans, including the Meals on Wheels program.
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- Independent Sector: Arts, science, & the poor will see massive cuts under Trump’s budget plan to increase military spending. Washington Post
- Nonprofit Times: Proposed federal budget would eliminate 18 agencies, many of which provide funding to #nonprofits – NPTimes
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Where did #LSC’s funding go? “The services are critical to the principle of equal justice” http://hubs.ly/H06Dx750 [Ed. LSC refers to the Legal Services Corporation, an independent nonprofit established by Congress in 1974 to provide financial support for civil legal aid to low-income Americans. LSC promotes equal access to justice by providing funding to 134 independent non-profit legal aid programs in every state.]
- Guidestar USA: 5 #Fundraising Issues Making Regulators Nuts http://npo.gs/2mjwPsu via @nonprofittimes
- Fast Co.Exist: How will the rise of crowdfunding reshape how we give to charity? http://buff.ly/2njm2C6
- Philantopic: Infographic: What Consumers Really Think About #CauseMarketing http://ow.ly/78KR309QQFL @Adweek
- Jed Emerson: “Strategies for Impact Investing Using a Donor-Advised Fund – Real Leaders” http://twitthat.com/yyCvN
- Gene: H/t David Levitt of @AdlerColvinSF Paul Newman‘s Foundation Fights Looming 200 Percent Tax | excess biz holdings
- Bridgespan Group: Don’t miss out on our top insights for the sector in 2016, all in one place: http://bspan.org/2moNKZn#fg #nonprofit #philanthropy
- B Corporation: [email protected] & @Patagonia have released a guidebook to educate entrepreneurs on B Corps! http://bit.ly/2mTueZC #BCorpBook @YaleSOM @YaleFES
Themed Media Selection:
Children interrupt BBC News interview – BBC News