Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: See how Obama & Romney compare on key issues for nonprofits http://ow.ly/dB7Jj
- Mark Schmitt: Does Citizens United mean your boss can tell you who to campaign for? FEC thinks so, so does Romney: http://bit.ly/QTiydt
- Emily: The Role of the Nonprofit Board: Four Essential Factors for Effective Governance – The Huffington Post - Alice Korngold
- Emily: What Every Nonprofit Board Needs to Know – Forbes
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Practice of overvaluing gifts in kind in various orgs is under scrutiny http://ow.ly/dBAOm
- Beth Kanter: A review of David La Piana's new book, "The Nonprofit Business Plan"
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: Legal Battles on Voting May Prove a Critical Issue in Election http://nyti.ms/Qzy7qJ
- Rob Reich: Important questions about collective impact efforts, by Emmett Carson part 1 & part 2
- Council on Foundations: Estimate that PRI $ in last 5 years has doubled.
- Beth Kanter: Reflections from Stanford Nonprofit Management Institute: New Skills for a Complex World http://shar.es/u5T5D
- Lucy Bernholz: Part 5 of 5 in series on tech + giving. The rules that matter.
- Law For Change: Aren't you curious? Who Is a Social Entrepreneur? via Huffington Post
- Good Counsel Book: Good counsel can help great nonprofits maximize impact.
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.