Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Philanthropy: Quiz: Find Out if Your Board is Suffering from Burnout? http://ow.ly/6SxmA
- facilitationpro: BoardSource is offering free Downloadable Policy Samplers in 48 different topic areas. Before Nov 1 bit.ly/nwJ8QZ
- NGOsource: Wanted: Simplified procedure to ensure tax-compliant int'l grantmaking bit.ly/nDVRi1
- rosettathurman: In case you missed it…42 Important Findings About #Nonprofit Executive Directors http://ow.ly/6POW4
- Innov8Social: Gov Jerry Brown signed Into CA Law: AB 361 (Benefit Corps) & SB 201 (Flexible Purpose Corps) bit.ly/nQtbC1
- Innov8Social: Can you tell them apart? benefit corps & flexible purpose corps are both CA law… Here's a primer: bit.ly/rmCdpF
- ssstrom: Sort of nonprofit, sort of not — a concept to ponder AFTER your first cup of coffee: nyti.ms/raCIoE
- GTak: LLCs can do everything L3Cs can; Flexible purpose corporations can do everything Benefit corps can BUT specialized forms have use.
- GTak: Good Q from @L3C_RickZ: Does L3C have to be LOW profit? A: Not by statute, but would low-profit LLC name then be a material misrepresentation?
- LawForChange: New on LawForChange.org: Don't wait for the crowd: legalization of #crowdfunding could take a while law4.ch/qnV1EC
- LawPivot: Top Ten Legal Mistakes of Startup and Earlystage Companies: The following is an article written by Dana Shultz … bit.ly/piEwEF [much of this is applicable to nonprofits too]
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.