Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Give2Asia: UPDATE: Give2Asia’s Partners, Funds, & Approach to the Japan Disaster – Give2Asia bit.ly/epeAMZ
- GTak: Protecting Donor Anonymity: Understanding the NPR Scandal http://bit.ly/eAtJNQ [always happy to contribute to the Chronicle of Philanthropy]
- GTak: Impt nonprofit law news: Protection of Charitable Assets Act – from the Uniform Law Commission – http://bit.ly/fadRqt (work in progress)
- npquarterly: Spend money to make money? Forget it, says new #nonprofit legislation http://ow.ly/4gzZI
- npquarterly: Paul Light on whether we'll lose the nonprofits we need during this economic crisis http://ow.ly/4eP44
- alicekorngold: Ridding your nonprofit of problem board members http://bit.ly/fLyJ5E Inspired by @nminow "Who's the Charlie Sheen on Your Board"
- plamb: 12 business models for social enterprise and social innovation http://bit.ly/fqqLWi
- changemtrs: Explains the diff btwn MD & VT Benefit Corporation laws: @ascensuslaw http://tinyurl.com/49zadzg
- SSIReview: IRS vs. nonprofit: What's the deal with L3Cs? http://ow.ly/4gIbB
- HeatherCarpente: Check out Google for Nonprofits just launched today!
And a couple of items about us:
- ABABarServices: [Gene] was awesome at the #bli11 [ABA Bar Leadership Institute]. He got rave reviews. [aww … shucks]
- hastingsmc: Wagner competed with valor and have distinguished themselves as quarterfinalists. Congrats to the Wagner team for winning the best Respondent's brief! [Emily coached the Hastings moot court team at the Wagner National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Competition going on in NYC. Hastings has one of the top moot court programs in the country. Emily is also a former "Best Oral Advocate" award winner in the same competition.]