Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Nonprofit Quarterly: What to Expect Now That the Supreme Court Has Upheld Obama’s Health Care Law
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: After Supreme Court ruling, nonprofits focus on making health-care law work
- Gene: Recent decisions serve as a reminder that officers can be held responsible for payroll taxes
- Emily: IRS assessed intermediate sanctions more in last 18 mos than previous 6 yrs combined
- Gene: Another story on thousands of nonprofits misreporting fundraising expenses on Form 990
- Gene: "Bridgespan Releases “How-To” Guide for Nonprofits on Developing Future Leaders"
- C. Garber Siegrist: What should the role of tax-exempt orgs be in moving dollars into politics? Inquiry Looks Into a Shield for Donors – NY Times
- Gene: IRS Notice of Proposed Rulemaking re charitable hospitals (6/22/12) – financial assistance, emergency care
- Emily: A Nonprofit Board or a Group of Dead Fish? – David Simms – Harvard Biz Review
- Doug Y Park: In a huge turnaround, UVA's board reinstates President Sullivan
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: Must-have for Calif nonprofits who want to speak up for their causes! Our new guide on lobbying
- Law For Change: Nonprofit mergers an important option, but hard work to be successful
- GOOD: The 6 variables behind a kick-ass Kickstarter project
- Lucy Bernholz: Kickstarter by the numbers
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.