Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- MN Nonprofits: … Why board members miss the red flags. via Kate Barr – Nonprofit Assistance Fund – http://ow.ly/bdrfH
- Nonprofit Issues: Can nonprofit board members be held liable for an organizations payroll tax debt? http://bit.ly/gm3Hcw
- Ellis Carter: Board Confidentiality – What Happens in the Board Room Stays in the Board Room: http://bit.ly/KAFHCS
- Patrick Sternal: Tax Court denies $19M charitable deduction for failure to meet appraisal requirements: http://bit.ly/KP7KwE | Self prep Form 8283=bad idea
- Emily: Are You Headed For An Iceberg? Tips for avoiding common employment law pitfalls via Olive Grove Consulting - http://bit.ly/npo-compensation
- Law For Change: Are you in a commercial co-venture? Many legitimate ways to raise cash still require charities to register with the AG. http://law4.ch/Jjil07
- Gene: Why Companies Can No Longer Afford to Ignore Their Social Responsibilities | Time Mag – http://buff.ly/KWVN7d
- Darian Heyman: Can your tweets be subpoenaed fr Twitter? Social Media Case Law – The Beginning, http://bit.ly/LdDABb via socialmediatoday.
- Omidyar Network: How Financial Innovation Can Save the World http://bit.ly/LNb3lH. A must read impact investing article in The Atlantic
- Caroline Preston: Is philanthropy print journalism's last hope? http://www.theatlantic.com/b
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.