The past week was a very eventful one for us. The big news: We became a Certified B Corporation.
Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- GTak: Tax Cut Deal Could Benefit Charities http://nyti.ms/dLBAH4 – $5M gift and estate tax exemption could result in more gifts to 501(c)(4)s too!
- nonprofitlawyer: Groupon's Super Bowl Ads Fumble: @Philanthropy http://bit.ly/dPNcOH & The Understory http://bit.ly/gFpPFv (via @tonymartignetti)
- p2173: New report on Next Gen Organizations http://bit.ly/hTXbVG
- HildyGottlieb: Board Orientation Stuff: Figuring out what orientation should include http://bit.ly/aZOAs6
- HildyGottlieb: Board Orientation Stuff: Basic primer on Governing for What Matters Most http://bit.ly/Fa1E
- FCSanFrancisco: Collaboration is so big right now, even Spider-Man is doing it. Visit our Nonprofit Collaboration Database: http://ow.ly/3TztN
- nedgington: When should nonprofits collaborate or compete? From New Philanthropy Capital blog: wp.me/pU1pQ-r9
- rtjohnson: California joins the for-benefit corporate movement. Sen. DeSaulnier's Corporate Flexibility Act of 2011. http://bit.ly/gOmNvR
- saduros: L3Cs do seem to be gaining popularity! RT @L3CFounders: Check out all the new L3C pending legislation at http://ow.ly/3U3Qw
- BCorporation: Learn about how Change.org evolved from a non-profit to a for-profit B Corp! Welcome Change.org to the B Community! http://fb.me/DOE4ePl4
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.