An eventful close to the week: Emily is receiving her award and speaking on a panel at the American Bar Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, and CompassPoint and YNPN are hosting the 25th Anniversary of Nonprofit Day – Generations of Change.
Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Ellen Miller: The I.R.S. Finally Takes On Secret Campaign Donations http://j.mp/M4WnE7
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: Opinion: The Broken Nonprofit Board System Needs a Fix http://ow.ly/cBv5K
- Law For Change: Antidote to Nonprofit Scandals: the Sarbanes-Oxley Act http://ow.ly/cDHY2
- Alice Korngold: Nonprofit Board Self-Assessment: Creating the Path Forward http://ow.ly/cF0R6 via Huffington Post
- Andy Ho: NYTimes: Taxes Needn’t Discourage Philanthropy http://nyti.ms/PSLO7m
- Foundation Center: FC Launches "Eye on the Giving Pledge", Century's Biggest Development in Philanthropy http://bit.ly/T3iCL4 [Ed. I might throw the donor-advised fund into that argument but that's not to diminish the impact of the Giving Pledge.]
- Foundation Center DC: Insights into Private Foundations: Interview with Martin Teitel: Great advice: http://ow.ly/cGBKg
- Independent Sector: Philanthropy 2012: Report Reveals Where Charities are Thriving Best http://ow.ly/cIoRb via The Atlantic
- Gene: A Board Member’s Guide to Mergers from CompassPoint.