Back in Vancouver to see family, friends, and Romeo and Juliet at Bard on the Beach, Western Canada’s largest not-for-profit, professional Shakespeare Festival. Have a listen to A Time for Us while perusing our curated nonprofit tweets of the week:
- Ellis Carter: Is It Time to Form A Corporate Foundation? http://bit.ly/17N9K8S #nonprofits
- Sandi Matthews: New FASB standard is biggest change to nonprofit financial reporting in 20 years AICPA
- Cynthia Gibson: Yet another study showing that most #donors don’t treat #charities as “investments” MarketWatch
- Fran Seegull: Select Donor Advised Funds Let You Be a Philanthropist & an Impact Investor? http://bit.ly/2bxbBDh @Ashoka @IAimpactassets #impinv
- For Purpose Law: Political Activities and 501(c)(3)s: What’s Allowable, Part 3
- Jan Masaoka: Only 21% of taxpayers use charitable deduction: Rse and Fall of Itemized Deductions: http://tpc.io/2b52QCL thanks @TaxPolicyCenter !
- Nonprofit Quarterly: How flexibility & networks helped NYC’s #nonprofits sustain through unimaginable turmoil and grief post-911 NPQ
- Lupe Poblano: America’s wealth gap is split along racial lines — and it’s getting dangerously wider Vox
- Jed Emerson: “How to Land an Impact Job You’ll Love” http://twitthat.com/AiRB7
- Juan Carlos Puente: The 10 most critical problems in the world, according to millennials. @MillennialMagz Business Insider
P.S. It’s Woman’s Equality Day!