The past week was highlighted by Comic Con, the world-famous comics convention put on by a nonprofit (see Rick Cohen‘s article, Comic-Con Struggles for Its Brand Identity and Nonprofit Provenance). I’ve attended Comic Con in the past and plan to go again to learn more about comics (really!) and see my childhood best friend Larry Zerner, a regular speaker at the Comic Con Law School. Have a listen to The Script’s Superheroes while perusing our curated nonprofit tweets of the week:
- Nonprofit Times: #StandForYourMission Pushes Board Advocacy http://www.thenonprofittimes.com/?p=26030 .@BoardSource
- BoardSource: Our CEO @AnneWallestad explains why board engagement in advocacy is essential in Nonprofit Quarterly article #AdvocacyNow
- AFJ Bolder Advocacy: Resource alert! Legal Tips On Using Social Media For Advocacy http://bit.ly/UBc64p #NN15
- CompassPoint: 3 essential shifts for the #nonprofit sector: http://ow.ly/P02zE Hez G. Norton from @TSNE guest blogs.
- Gene: Great article on D&O Insurance and Why It’s Worth the Cost from Pamela Davis of @NIACInsurance Nonprofit Quarterly
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Senator Grassley has seventeen accountability questions for the Red Cross, where are the answers? http://hubs.ly/y0ZW030
- For Purpose Law: 501(c)(4) Political Activity Rules: Here’s the Latest https://shar.es/1qMYdL
- Diana Aviv: Brad Smith of @fdncenter wrote an important piece on foundation funding of inequality. really worth reading! Philanthropy News Digest
- Alex Daniels: The downside of Sean Parker‘s “hacker philanthropy” Vox
- Carrie Garber-Siegrist: FASB amendments to accounting for #nonprofits http://ow.ly/Pxkev
- National Council of Nonprofits: What new #overtime reform could mean for #nonprofits http://buff.ly/1I3UC5X
- John Montgomery: “Why the Delaware Public Benefit Corporation Matters to Silicon Valley” by @startworks on LinkedIn
- Goldman Sachs: #GSAM to acquire Imprint Capital to help build world-class #ESG & #impinv platform http://link.gs.com/k67b http://link.gs.com/NwMN
You must be logged in to post a comment.