Stay informed of the week’s notable events and shared resources with this curated list of Nonprofit Tweets of the Week. https://nonprofitlawblog.com/category/tweets-of-the-week/
Notable Events of the Week:
- “More than two years into his administration, the disconnect between President Trump and the Republican establishment on foreign policy has rarely been as stark. In recent days, the president’s own advisers and allies have been pushing back, challenging his view of the world and his prescription for its problems.” NY Times
- “President Trump lashed out at the government’s most senior intelligence leaders Wednesday, his latest assault on the spies and analysts who work for him but sometimes deliver facts that he doesn’t want to hear. … Triggering the president’s rage was an annual congressional hearing on global security threats, a routine event at which intelligence agency heads testified that Iran, while still a global menace, is complying with an international agreement to suspend its development of nuclear weapons. Trump ridiculed that assessment and the intelligence leaders themselves.” Washington Post
- “The United States will pull out of a nuclear arms control treaty with Russia, the Trump administration announced Friday, ending a cornerstone Cold War agreement on grounds that Russian violations render it moot. … The demise of the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty raises fears of a new nuclear arms race, although U.S. officials discount the risk.” Washington Post
Top 10 Nonprofit Tweets:
- NPR: “Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people to give them hope,” said 16-year-old Greta Thunberg at the World Economic Forum. “But I don’t want your hope. … I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” https://n.pr/2TfjwZT
- National Council of Nonprofits: [email protected] issues a “A Thank You to #Nonprofits Affected by the Federal #GovernmentShutdown” and a call to action. http://bit.ly/2FX8XXo #NonprofitShutdownStories #ShutdownImpact
- Independent Sector: It’s time to tell Congress to choose #MissionNotTaxes. Visit http://independentsector.org/ubitresearch for brand new resources to help you understand the impact of a new tax on #nonprofits and urge your members of Congress to repeal these provisions.
- Rick Moyers: My latest blog post: “Is Your Board Ready to Work on Diversity?” http://bit.ly/2W4pwX8
- CEP: NEW guest post on the blog from @kimwpulfer: “Diversity on the Philanthropic Agenda.”
- Kathleen Enright: Well this is certainly a great set up for an issue I can’t wait to read. @NPQRUTH @JeanneBellNP When Someone Steals Your Soul: Repatriating Narratives in the Nonprofit Sector
- Vu Le: How funder fragility is similar to white fragility and what to do about it Nonprofit AF
- Gene: IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities FY 2018 Accomplishments https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5329.pdf – Receipts of Form 1023 (28,259) and Form 1023-EZ (59,505)
- Gene: 2019 Nonprofit Employment Report from the Johns Hopkins Center for Civil Society Studies Guidestar
- Gene: Litigation Issues Involving Staffing Agencies and PEOs: We’re in This Together . . . Or Are We?