Here are some of my favorite posts of the week in the areas of nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, philanthropy, and social enterprises:
- Gene: Basic Board Governance Failures Stand at the Center of the Penn State Debacle http://bit.ly/PVHZOC – w/ Emily Chan in The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Emily: Twelve Ways to Get a New Executive Director Off on the Right Foot – Blue Avocado: http://bit.ly/Rh3I0q
- Foundation Center: 7 Principles for Next Generation Nonprofit Leadership http://bit.ly/SJlaQV
- Nonprofit Law News: Signatory Authority of Officers & the Importance of a Thorough Bylaws Review http://bit.ly/PJHuXU | by Fox Rothschild
- Gene: Board oversight of risk management remains front and center in the minds of regulators and boards http://bit.ly/OarpJ0
- Fay Feeney: Should I stay or should I go now? Great Question: In the Boardroom with Lucy Marcus on Director Contagion. http://bit.ly/UdsLW8 [Ed. Great point by Lucy – it's not about you, it's about doing what's best for the organization.]
- Pete Manzo: Nonpartisan is not neutral – nonprofit advocacy op-ed Jan Masaoka and I wrote in The Chronicle of Philanthropy http://bit.ly/Pus0HI
- Emily: Stanford Social Innovation Review article on Merger Secrets to Success via Law For Change http://flpbd.it/6prpu
- Rob Reich: Innovation is not the Holy Grail. Terrific piece in Stanford Social Innovation Review this month by Johanna Mair & Christian Seelos.
- GOOD: Crowdfunding Is About to Get Legit: Here's What You Need to Know: http://bit.ly/PhbFmJ
For more interesting tweets, follow me and Emily on Twitter.