Charities that qualify may now file Form 990-N (also known as the ePostcard) online for tax years ending on or after December 31, 2007. The due date for 2007 calendar year filers is May 15, 2008.
Click here to file Form 990-N online. This site is hosted by the Urban Institute. Here’s the information most filers will need to prepare the Form:
- Employer Identification Number
- Tax year
- Legal name and mailing address
- Any other names that the organization uses
- Name and address of a principal officer
- Web site address (if available)
- Confirmation that the organization’s gross receipts are normally $25,000 or less (see the information on the IRS website regarding how to make this determination)
Click here for more information from the IRS about Form 990-N.